During the Week
We will only be offering transportation services between downtown Chicago
and the start and end of RAGBRAI. We will not be offering any other services
during the week of RAGBRAI itself such as baggage transportation between
overnight towns or private reserved camping areas.
Instead, we have partnered with Pork
Belly Ventures to
provide these daily services to our participants during the week. Pork
Belly Ventures is an official full-service RAGBRAI charter. We will get
you to and from RAGBRAI while Pork Belly
Ventures will allow you to ride your bike while they do ALL the work.
Here for more information about Pork
About Pork Belly Ventures
For nearly three decades, Pork Belly Ventures has created a lively
little village within the throng of RAGBRAI, offering amenities, comforts,
for our riders - right in camp! The big mobile infrastructure and capable,
friendly crew of PBV will makes your life on the road a whole lot easier!
They are Iowans, born and bred, and Pork Belly Ventures
has grown up on RAGBRAI. They started out with a hundred riders, one rented
baggage truck, and about four crew members. Now, their crew alone numbers
over one hundred. With their large infrastructure of custom-built equipment,
they aim to make life in camp a whole lot easier for folks who spend the
best week of the year with them. They brew morning coffee, invite local breakfast
and lunch vendors into their campsites, provide a hot and private shower
with a towel, and offer catered dinners in the evening along with great live
on their stage. They can refrigerate medication, accommodate CPAP users,
offer you a day off the bike, charge e-bike batteries, and so much more.
you to join them!
- Well-appointed campsites and daily transport of baggage
- Your daily shower
on air-conditioned trailers, towel included, right in camp (more than
60 stalls), endless hot water, private dressing areas, liquid
- Our large, friendly crew at the Front Desk and throughout camp.
- Optional tent rental service with set-up, take-down, and baggage moving
- Contracted porta-toilets and our Restroom Trailer with flushing fixtures,
lighting, and ventilation
- Inexpensive SAG on a luxury motorcoach
- Hand-Washing and -Sanitizing Stations.
Phone-Charging Trailers—you can charge securely in locking compartments
- Shade Canopies with misting fans and chairs, often flanked around our
- Fresh-brewed morning coffee
- Inexpensive ice-cold beverages
- Bike Mechanics to assist afternoons/evenings
- Massage Therapy in camp, plus Daily Yoga
- Catered Dinners (local caterers), 3 included, 3 optional
- Live Music on Stage, early evening
- Food Trucks and/or other local vendors for lunch and breakfast
- Optional midweek laundry service
- PBV Host-Town Maps for each day of the week
- Souvenir PBV t-shirt
Quiet in camp around 9:30 - Our riders need their
Pro-rated support—ride any number of consecutive days
- Midweek shuttles to/from the Des Moines airport, for those who want to
ride the first three days or the last four.
- Hotel stays on a limited basis.
- Indoor sleeping when we can arrange it
- Bike shipping through Sendmybike.com
- Bike rental on a limited basis.
The registration and fees for Pork Belly Ventures charter service
and the registration and fees for our transportation service are separate
and they should not be submitted together. Registering for our transportation
service does not automatically register you for Pork Belly Ventures charter
service, and registering for Pork Belly Ventures charter service does
not automatically register you for our transportation service. You must
register and pay for both separately on your own. Please do not send us
your registration or fees for Pork Belly Ventures charter service or send
Pork Belly Ventures the registration or fees for our transportation
We strongly recommend registering for our transportation service, RAGBRAI
itself, and Pork Belly Ventures RAGBRAI charter services at the same
time and as early as possible!